Seajay Safety & Training was founded on, and continues to provide excellence in service, underpinned by a strong emphasis on core values that
permeates all relationships - our clients, our markets and our people. The company’s success to date has been achieved through understanding our clients’ needs and continuously exceeding their
We have over 20 years’ experience, initially as a training
provider and later as a consultant, across a diverse range of industry sectors including:
- Financial institutions,
- Light industry,
- MHE installation,
- Decommissioning and
Recent and Current achievements :
- We were recently Engaged as Consultant Health and Safety advisors to the Principal
Contractor for the duration of a project to construct a 22,657m2 extension to an existing 26,330m2 cargo distribution hub at a UK international airport. The project
includied the internal construction of a 6,427 m2 office area to link with the existing 9,177m2 office complex based and refurbishment of the existing building. The project was completed in Jun
2017. There were over 415,000 hours worked over a 2-year period with up to 115 contractors on site each day The project was completed with no serious incidents or RIDDOR reported
- We are currently engaged as Health and Safety consultants to a number of clients in
various fields, our largest current project is a complex MHE installation, commissioning and decommissioning project.
- We have conducted a number of full investigations of adverse events on behalf of
clients, in all cases using the 5 whys, the causes were identified and remedial actions recommended to prevent reoccurrence. All facts were then reported to the relevant parties. and to date no
further actions have been taken.
What can we do for you?
As employer you have a moral, legal and financial responsibility to manage the health and safety
of your workplace. Hazards must be identified, risks must be managed
Seajay Safety and
Training can help you with this.
We can provide you with cost effective and expert health and safety advice and support. We can help you comply with Health and Safety legislation,
reduce the losses that occur as a consequence of an accident or incident or breach of legislation.
Losses such as:
- loss of income,
- and claims arising from injuries or illness caused.
At the same time as demonstrating your commitment to your employees, to your
customers and to your competitors.
In the UK there are serious legal consequences for breaching health and safety law. Here at Seajay Safety and
Training, we believe that no one should suffer these consequences and so we will guide you through some of the challenges you may face.
Whether it be writing or reviewing your Health Safety and Environmental Policies, writing or reviewing risk assessments and method
statements and safe systems of work. Site visits and Health and Safety Audits
Appoint Seajay Safety and Training as your consultant Health and Safety
advisor, it will be our Key Safety Duty & Responsibility to:
- Drive continuous improvement and operational effectiveness of CDM plans,
procedures and health safety environment and welfare management systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- For Principal Contractors, write detailed construction phase plans which comply with
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
- Conduct inspections and incident / accident investigations and ensure that corrective
actions are adequate, ensure that reports are implemented according to procedures and liaise with external bodies as appropriate.
- Conduct site safety reviews, guidance, assistance and advice to ‘Grass Roots’ level
employees through interpretation of safety practices , procedures and current legislation and regulations.
- Design and implement Health and Safety Management systems and ensure they are aligned with
the your scope of work and activities.
- Continually identify and assess threats/hazards that pose a risk to the operation of the organisation, whilst advising
on mitigation measures at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Participate and actively contribute to the development and maintenance of policies,
documents, organisational procedures, operational goals and targets related to HSE programs.
- Devise risk assessment formats to ensure that standards and legal requirements are
consistent with the international & national standards and requirements.
- Develop the strategic, tactical, and technical skills of personnel. Drive and support
comprehensive training programs to ensure continuous improvement of safety.
- Take appropriate and robust action for any failings and non-compliance with regulations,
legislation and company standards and expectations.
- Carrying out site surveys and audits to improve site safety and company
- Chair health and safety meetings with the client, and contractors on regular
Our Key Training Duties & Responsibilities are
- Design and deliver safety training programs for you. Ensure response to all specific
requirements and maintain knowledge of current legislation, regulations and all company safety programs to increase health safety and environmental awareness for the your ‘Zero Accident
- Work with all levels of management and staff with a focus on behavioural safety.
Adding to an ongoing improved risk averse culture.
- Identify and carry out various training and development needs analysis with regard to
Health and Safety and provide regular consultation with managers.
- Ensure consistency of training documentation across all disciplines and update and
maintain training matrix reports.
telephone Chris on 07976663339
Accidents while Working at Height are among the greatest causes of serious injury and death in the work place in the UK. We
recommend that your workers view this video: